This prestigious award is for highly qualified incoming Ph.D. students. The Dean’s Fellowship provides tuition, health insurance and $27,500 of annual support. This award is a commitment for four academic years plus summers. Fellows will hold a 50% FTE Graduate Research Associate position working with faculty conducting research in their field of interest. Dean’s Fellow candidates must be nominated by an Engineering faculty member or you can self-nominate here.
Qualified candidates will:
- Be a first-year Ph.D. student
- Have an engineering undergraduate degree from a major state university or top private college
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and GRE Scores in the 70th percentile or higher
- Brings a strong passion for research and has some research experience as an undergraduate and/or other significant industry or leadership activities
- Apply to one of our engineering graduate programs by December 31
- Full tuition and health insurance
- $27,500 annual stipend
- Award valued at (tuition, insurance, stipend) approx. $50,000 per year
- Level of financial support to remain the same throughout your Ph.D. program
- Eligible for Block Grants up to $5,000 in your first and last year
- Guidance and editing services for NSF and other federal grants
- Involvement in recruiting
- Meeting with the dean – once per semester. This is an opportunity for the Dean’s Fellows to meet with the Dean to provide input on the program(s), ask questions and learn more about what is happening in the Fulton Schools of Engineering.