The Fulton Undergraduate Research Initiative (FURI) is designed to enhance your engineering undergraduate curriculum by providing hands-on lab experience, independent and thesis-based research and the opportunity to travel to professional conferences.
Many FURI participants have gone on to apply their unique experience to work in industry, as well as graduate studies in engineering, medicine, law and other disciplines.
The FURI program has been made possible by the generous support of Mr. Ira A. Fulton and his family.
Students in FURI’s research program develop an idea under the mentorship of an engineering faculty member, then apply for funding. Once accepted, they perform research, attend workshops, prepare research summaries and participate in the research symposium.
Learn About FURI!
- Tuesday, February 3, 9:30-12 pm, Poly-Santan 330, Undergraduate Research: Get started! Workshop (drop-ins welcome!)
- Wednesday, February 4, 2-3 pm, Tempe-ECF 130, Undergraduate Research: Get Started!
- Thursday, February 5, 4:30-5:30 pm, Tempe-ECF 130, Undergraduate Research: Get Started!
- Friday, February 6, 3-5 pm, Poly-Santan 330, Undergraduate Research: Get started! Workshop (drop-ins welcome!)
Find a Mentor: Research Student-Mentor Mingle
Meet faculty members who are seeking student researchers and chat about opportunities over light refreshments. Sign-up here!
- Tuesday, February 3, 11 am – 1 pm, Poly-Santan 330 (drop-in when you can!)
- Wednesday, February 11, 2-4 pm, Tempe-ECF 130 (drop-in when you can!)
Students applying for FURI funding for Summer 2015, Fall 2015, or Spring 2016 will need to apply by noon on Tuesday, March 3. The application will be posted soon.
FURI Application Assistance
Need an extra set of eyes to look over your application? Pop in for assistance from the FURI staff and current FURI students during these times:
- Friday, February 27, 12-5 pm, Tempe-ECF 130
- Monday, March 2, 12-5 pm, Poly-Santan 330
Questions? Email Cortney Loui at firstname.lastname@example.org.